Effective Food Industry M&A Solutions
Industries + Sectors
The Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) – also called I would only use FMCG, that seems to be the generally accepted term. Using both creates balast.Consumer-Packaged-Goods (CPG) – industry is highly competitive. The often thin margins can typically only be balanced by large volumes. The dynamic to gain both economies of scale and scope is driving M&A activity in the sector. In addition, the competition for shelf space and the attention of the consumer (in real life or digital) is driving innovation, another large source of M&A activities.
In the developing world there are millions of consumers that are moving up the income ladder, presenting a massive opportunity for the right CPG/FMCG companies.
PMI Challenges Paragraph:
Challenges in CPG/FMCG post-merger integration:
• Consolidating logistics flows and processes
• Defining the future technology landscape and setting end-of-life (EOL) for legacy systems
• Managing multi-cultural environments and creating an effective organization
• Digitalization and automation of the supply chain
• E-commerce integration
How we can help / Our value proposition:
Global PMI Partners has experience integrating multiple CPG/FMCG businesses covering diverse sectors and business models. In addition to helping our clients plan and manage the full integration we also support in the areas below:
• Helping craft the vision and key messages that shape the integration strategy & objectives
• Support development of product and go-to-market workstreams to ensure alignment with all downstream functional requirements
• Assisting with cultural and diversity integration planning & execution