Industries + Sectors
Media & Marketing
To survive online, media firms are merging or recombining. We see a blurring of the lines between cable and streaming as well as between mobile telecoms and entertainment. Ad spending is shifting to new platforms – or to ad-free platforms.
In the online games and gambling world, the hunt for operating licenses is on, along with a trend toward vertical integration of content creation and distribution.
Many of our experienced professionals have operational experience in the industry as well as 10+ years’ experience as M&A integration and carve-out advisors.
PMI challenges specific to this sector:
Acquirers are still digesting past acquisitions while they cannot afford to wait to move on to the next target. Sector challenges include:
• regulatory scrutiny to avoid emergence of oligopolies
• balancing speed and value creation
• realising synergies out of the acquired local and global content
• acquiring and retaining top talent
• consolidating backbone software platforms
How we can help / Our value proposition:
We work as one team, providing global carve-out and integration support. We leverage our proven Media & Entertainment playbooks to transfer know-how and methodology to our clients. We help you in:
• Communication and cultural integration for disparate workforce
• Synergy quantification, qualification and realisation
• training and building toolkits.
References: Gallimard/Flammarion, ProSiebenSat, Rightster/Base79/ViralSpiral, Activision/Blizzard, LeoVegas