- Over 25 years experience in M&A, integrations, carve-outs, and turnarounds including pre-transaction due diligence and post-closing execution pertaining to operations and supporting technology
- Involvement pre- or post-transaction in over 370 merger and acquisitions and over 120 strategic advisory engagements
- Former Managing Consultant with Coopers & Lybrand’s Management Consulting Services, former Executive Director with Ernst & Young’s Transaction Advisory and Business Advisory Services, and former Executive Director with Grant Thornton’s Business Advisory Services
- Experience with transactions in Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, North Africa, and Asia.
- Contributing Author, Mergers & Acquisitions Integration Handbook: Helping Companies Realize The Full Value of Acquisitions
M&A Skills & Expertise
- M&A Skills:
- Business Performance Improvement
- Carve-Out Planning and Execution
- Operations and Technology Due Diligence
- Post-Merger Integration Planning and Execution
- Restructuring and Turnarounds
- Strategic Sourcing
- Business/Technology Services
- Financial Services
- Healthcare Payer/Provider
- Pharmaceuticals/Medical Devices
- Undertook a comprehensive assessment of operations and technology on behalf of a fracking materials provider in preparation for an Initial Public Offering. Identified potential regulatory compliance issues that could jeopardize the Company’s finances and operations post-IPO as well as business performance improvement opportunities that could substantially increase the scalability of the Company within its current PP&E footprint while increasing bottom-line performance. Developed a roadmap for strategic improvement.
- Worked with the equity sponsor of an oilfield services company to identify and implement operations improvements and overhead reductions in preparation to acquire peers and competitors to both expand their geographic footprint and expand the breadth of services provided. Developed an operations and accounting integration playbook for use by the company both in evaluating potential acquisitions and integrating them post-closing.