- Mike has over 15 years’ experience ensuring best in class corporate and private equity strategy execution. Mike optimizes value creation for acquisitions, divests, joint ventures and partnerships in-country and cross-border deals.
- Prior to joining Global PMI Partners, Mike has held corporate leadership positions in M&A, finance, marketing, sales, operations, product development, pricing, and as a general manager with Fortune 500 companies to private.
- Mike has led M&A integration/divest projects within the manufacturing, financial services, banking, news & media, legal, accounting & tax, life sciences, pharmaceutical & biotech, and brand & IP protection industries.
- Graduated in Finance. Completed MBA coursework, is a member of the Project Management Institute and the Art of M&A Integration.
M&A Skills & Expertise
- Successfully led 50 M&A/JV integration and divest programs and projects valued over $9B in B2B and B2C environments across many highly-regulated industries, and wrote the M&A integration playbook for a Fortune 500 company.
- Expertise is grounded in strong business acumen and leadership. Leads all work streams through the full deal cycle: goal setting, governance, diligence, modeling, go/no-go, internal and external communication plans, Day 0, Day 1, 100-day, and full integration plan and execution.
- Known as a creative thinker, an innovator, analytical, and data-driven problem solver with excellent communication, leadership, and project management skills. Trusted partner leading teams from start to finish through the matrix and changing environments.
- Developed a wide international and multi-cultural M&A expertise working in several countries across the Americas, Europe, Asia, the Middle and Far East.
Industry & Sector Experience
- Banking and Financial Services: M&A Integration Global Program Manager building a Know Your Customer and Anti-Money Laundering business unit over 5 years. Business unit divested for $17B.
- Pharma, biotech, brand and IP protection: M&A Integration Global Program Manager for a business unit built via acquisition. Portfolio sold for $3.55B; project managed disintegration.
- Life Sciences: M&A Integration leader across all business functions and operations for Entagen and Avedas transactions.
- Energy and Retail: Crafted and led the commercialization, go-to-market strategy, and program execution driving $20M annual sales and 96% customer retention in new industries for a client.
- Authored both Preparing the Buyer for Post-Closing Integration and M&A Integration Checklist, published by Practical Law.
- Founded and chaired the Thomson Reuters M&A Integration Forum and is a sought-after M&A conference speaker and panelist.