- Rene is a strategic and results-driven Post-Merger Integration leader and HR business executive with broad experience across high-tech, banking, retail and other industries. He has extensive experience in developing and deploying playbooks, integration roadmaps and detailed plans for newly acquired companies.
- Prior to establishing his own business and affiliation to Global PMI Partners, Global PMI Partners, Rene has held international positions as Business Transformation Leader, IT Executive and CHRO / Head of HR in various sectors, markets and functions with global responsibility.
- Rene is an alumnus of Tilburg University, The Netherlands and holds master degrees in Business Economics and Human Resources Management. He is a certified program manager (PMP).
M&A Skills & Expertise
- Rene has led both multi-billion acquisitions, as well as smaller ones, full-scale HR integration & program management.
He is used to dealing with multiple business stakeholders, including work councils and unions.
- His expertise covers M&A integration from planning through execution, including:
HR Due Diligence, Day One Preparation & Delivery, Program Management & HR Stream Lead, Organization Integration, Key Person Retention, Restructuring, Staffing, C&B harmonization, Cultural Integration & Change Management, Roadmap Design & and Execution Management (incl. PMO).
- Rene has worked in Europe, North America, South America and Asia.
- Philips-Saeco $ 242 M, Italy and Romania, acquisition – full-scale HR integration & program management, restructuring, Works Council and Union alignment.
- Electrolux Professional Europe, 1,600 people, HR Post Merger Integration Strategy & Action Plan.
- Ams AG-Heptagon $ 950 M, Austria, Switzerland, Singapore, US and China. 830 people, Scale-up, Turn-Around and Post-Merger Integration (C&B).
- Philips-Genlyte $ 2,1 bn US & Canada. 6,700 people, acquisition – full scale HR integration & program management, culture alignment.
- Philips-Respironics $5.1 bn, US, Europe & Asia, 5,300 people, acquisition – full scale HR integration & program management, culture alignment.
- His further business experience includes companies such as Philips, KPMG, ING, Electrolux, NTS Group, DSM and ams AG.