Vic is an Associate of Global PMI Partners. In the past 25+ years, Mr. Datta has established himself as a Transactions Leader with deep experiences in the full M& lifecycle. As founder of Datta Solutions Group (DSG), he has specialized in the Office of the CFO services and more specifically as a Finance Planning and Analysis (FP&A) and Reporting expert. Highly accomplished in linking technology to financial operations, Vic has deployed technology enabled, performance and financial management solutions in organizations leading to rapid return on investment. Vic has provided a broad range of buy- and sell-side services, including financial due diligence, forecast and valuation analysis, buyer and target identification, contract structuring and negotiations, transition and strategic planning and finance post-merger integration as well as divestitures. He has held CFO and CIO roles in Fortune 1000 Global Firms. Mr. Datta has been called into complex over-leveraged situations to restore operational and financial stability in various industries.
Prior to Global PMI Partners, Vic was a partner with FTI Consulting, Inc leading its Enterprise Performance Management practice. Further, Vic has been a senior Director with KPMG Advisory and served as an Associate Partner and Operations Executive with IBM Corporation where he played a leadership role as IBM Global Services IT Integration Executive of $3.5B acquisition PwC Consulting. This comprehensive role encompassed 45,000 employees globally and 18,500 practitioners in the Americas.
Industry & Sector Experience
High-tech (SW/HW, Internet), Education, Manufacturing, Chemical, Aerospace, Consumer Products, and Distribution.
Performed advisory services to private and public companies on strategy, change, culture, finance transformation, and turnaround advice including the following:
- Provided post-acquisition advice to complex bank requests for information following PE portfolio electronics company’s business downturn. Comprehensive business review, budget analyses, working capital management reporting and Financial Planning & Reporting personnel.
- Post-acquisition, led the development of Executive and Board level dashboards for leading fine arts university. These dashboards highlighted key metrics e.g. Persistence and Title IV tracking performance management structure for the institution
- For a leading education software company (PE portco), conducted a finance transformation. Organizational design, cost of finance and working capital were key areas of focus. Client has experienced 2x speed and accuracy in 12 months
- Led a comprehensive redesign of the planning, forecasting, and budgeting process for a $1.2B Consumer Product company. Budget software selection and design of an FP&A center of competency following a tuck-in acquisition
- For a $900m education software PE portfolio company, conducted a finance operations survey and assessment. Developed reporting improvement process and governance for the organization. Developed KPI’s and metrics for new cloud business model.
- For a $28B US operations of a German conglomerate, led the process transformation and benchmarking activities for a Water Technologies acquisition including all finance process areas (order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, plan-to-perform, acquire-to-retire and Intercompany)
- For a $9B market leading specialty chemicals company, led sales effectiveness and demand planning improvement program. Migrated entire specialty chemical salesforce and marketing to new opportunity planning process in the US and Europe
- As Finance Leader for a $150M division of global conglomerate, analyzed the company’s finance strategy, consolidation process, forecasting and reporting effectiveness and rendered implementable recommendations to senior management
- For United Technologies-Carrier Corporation, performed diligence and post-merger activities for over 15 distribution related transactions totaling $500M+