- Kurt has spent his career leading the sales, marketing, and both the domestic and international operations of some of the most recognized premium brands in the world including Golden Books, Jim Beam, and Rust-Oleum.
- During his tenure at Rust-Oleum, Kurt was part of the management team that grew the company tenfold. He orchestrated the evolution of the brand to a category leading and award-winning new product and innovation powerhouse. While there he also played a lead role in organizational and leadership development.
- His leadership experience in M&A and Business Integration covers a broad range of transactions from family office, PE, partnerships, and publicly traded companies across the globe.
- Kurt is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
M&A Skills & Expertise
- As an accomplished Senior Executive with a history of delivering outstanding, sustainable results in both domestic and international markets, Kurt is skilled at transformation – both business and cultural.
- Having managed P&L’s of $1B+ and holding corporate roles from CMO to President, Kurt is able to truly provide a practitioner’s point of view.
- Specific Expertise:
- Consumer and Industrial Markets
- Business Integration
- Sales and Marketing
- Organizational Planning and Development
- Strategic Planning
- Innovation and NPD
- Culture and Business Transformation
- Global Operations and Sourcing
- Branding and Brand Restaging
- International Expansion
- Omni Channel Strategy/Execution
- Cost Reduction and Efficiency
- CPG: Rust-Oleum, Jim Beam Brands, Golden Books
- Markets: Domestic US and Global
- Categories: Building Products, Paint and Coatings, Beverage, Children’s Education, Entertainment and Toys
- M&A and Integration: Led or supported a wide variety of transactions and integrations
- Retail (Domestic US): Home Depot, Menards, Lowes, Wal-Mart, Target, Fred Meyer, Meijer’s, Advanced Auto, PEP Boys, and Auto Zone
- Retail (International): Bunnings (AU/NZ), Repco (AU/NZ), Sodimac, Fabella Group of Companies (South America), Builders Warehouse (SA), B&Q (UK), OBI (Germany/Austria)
- Industrial/Distribution: Grainger, Fastenal, OEM
- Lecturer at Northwestern University and the graduate schools at Loyola University, DePaul University and UW-Stevens Point on subjects ranging from Marketing, Integration, International Business, Organizational Change, Leadership Development, NPD, and Innovation
- Expat in Australia for 20 months (2017-2108)