- 12 years CEO/COO multi-country experience with focus on commercial & marketing and a robust track record in manufacturing and supply chain.
- 16 years B2C experience with Mars and Sara Lee: branding, pricing, multi-channel sales development to large accounts, distributors and large retail.
- 9 years B2B experience with international packaging businesses (plastic, paper, corrugated board) servicing industrial and consumer customers.
- Interim transformation and turnaround, project management, M&A and advisory/Board experience.
- Worked for PE backed businesses, listed, family and private organizations all with global reach.
- Deep multi-cultural roots, a unique ability to work with and create bridges with different cultures
- CEO/COO level executive, consultant and board skills applied to listed, family, private and PE backed businesses.
- M&A management: due-diligence, acquisition process, merger integration and merger synergy programs.
- Lead, design, implement and embed enterprise-wide transformation programs.
- Restructure business models, turn-around performance including Commercial/Sales & Marketing, Operations and Supply Chains of multi-country organizations.
- Implement lower cost, higher value-add business models and technology & digitally enabled solutions
- Transfer of B2C practices to B2B and B2B2C
- Market expertise: Packaging (consumer & industrial), Food, Specialty Ingredients.
- Languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Dutch
Relevant experience includes:
- Acting as interim sales director at Devro plc, turning around EMEA sales performance to deliver 7% growth in 2017 after 4 consecutive years of decline.
- Restructuring loss-making global plastic casing business including production in Czech Republic to deliver growth and profitability in 2019.
- Acting as project leader for tripartite post merger integration of corrugated board companies DS Smith, SCA and Otor Packaging in France/Spain delivering €20M in year 1.
- Acting as CEO leading the acquisition and merger with Allibert Packaging doubling the size of Linpac Materials Handling globally.
- Acting as Interim CEO at Pregis Packaging Europe implementing a turnaround plan that halted the sharp decline in sales and loss of EBITDA.
- Accelerated Devro plc’s commercial presence in China and grew sales double digit in emerging markets in South East Asia and Africa.