- Rowland directs merger and acquisition integrations, bringing to private equity and corporate clients experience dating back to 1987. He began his M&A work in the oil & gas industry and now focuses primarily on technology.
- Concurrently, Rowland is a part-time adjunct faculty member at the Carnegie Mellon University School of Computer Science where he researches artificial intelligence and creativity.
- Rowland is an alumnus of the M.I.T Sloan School of Management MBA program. He holds an MS in Biomedical Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and a B.S. in Bioengineering from Johns Hopkins University. Rowland is a Certified M&A Specialist.
M&A Skills & Expertise
- A management consultant, scientist, engineer, and entrepreneur. As a consultant, delivered billions of US dollars in bottom-line benefits to clients across numerous industries and geographies.
- Demonstrated capabilities in integrating business combinations (mergers, acquisitions, roll-ups, consolidations), building and leading global cross-cultural teams, guiding organizational transitions, teaching entrepreneurship, mentoring CEOs of early-stage tech companies, and empathetic listening.
- Contributor to Cisco Systems’ acquisition integration playbook considered by some to be the gold standard of integration playbooks.
- Published author in artificial intelligence, global business growth, and pulmonary physiology.
- Private Equity: Crescent Capital, Brockway Moran, North Castle, Temasek
- Software: Symantec, OpenDNS, Adobe, Netscape, Agile Software, Audacity, QueryPie, SecureLink, Coding Robot-Lab, Integromat, DataLobby, Coconut Silo
- Hardware: Apple, Cisco, Hewlett-Packard, Hitachi, IBM, Tandem Computer, Xerox, Teradata, NetApp, BARCO
- Manufacturing: 3M, General Motors, Daimler-Chrysler, DuPont, Boeing, Hughes Aircraft, USX
- Consumer Products & Retail: H.J. Heinz, Quaker Oats, Fisher-Price, National Convenience Stores
- Energy: Texaco, Exxon, Shell Oil, Conoco, Unocal, Mobil, Chevron, Pennzoil
- Financial Services: Charles Schwab, Citicorp, First American Financial, Prudential Insurance
- Professional Services: Gemini Consulting, Electronic Data Systems, Hitachi Consulting, Viant
- Life Sciences & Healthcare: AstraZeneca, Schering Plough, Neurosyntek, g.Root Biomedical, Kaiser-Permanente, King’s Health Trust