Industries + Sectors
The Semiconductor sector is one of the most strategic sectors in the world. A handful of companies –and countries—control the chip market amid surging demand for ever-smaller and more powerful chips.
We expect deal activity to ramp up across three categories:
• assembly & packaging.
The Semiconductor industry is notoriously cyclical. Companies’ fortunes can turn over the span of just a couple of years. Semiconductor M&A challenges include:
• trade secret protection
• creating captive expertise
• access to capital to invest in state-of-the-art new chip fabs
• addressing geopolitical pressures, e.g. push toward more regional hubs
• consolidation and portfolio realignment
• ensuring stability in the supply chain · reliance on strategic partnerships with chip suppliers
• creating non-competitive JV structures · PE firms new to the sector face a learning curve when acquiring carve-outs
How we can help / Our value proposition:
Our consultants have been advising deals in the Semiconductor space since 2006.
We have advised Semiconductor clients by:
• supporting cross-border acquisitions with local IMO and carve-out expertise
• building cultural bridges and understanding in EU/Asia and US/EU deals.
• supporting carve-out programs in portfolio reorganization strategies
• local presence in major hubs (Netherlands, UK, China, US)