Global M&A Summit – Silicon Valley
October 26th, 2016 | Palo Alto, CA | The Global M&A Summit – Silicon Valley brought together experts from around the world to address key factors for global merger and acquisition success. The summit featured executives seeking insight into international M&A best practices and looking to establish a network of M&A contacts in countries that have the highest levels of cross-border activity. The event was organized by Stefan Hofmeyer, Partner at Global PMI Partners, Nora Crivello and her team at Pepperdine’s Graziadio Alumni Network, and by DLA Piper LLP and Midaxo.
In this clip, Global PMI Partners US Partner, Scott Whitaker, comments on change management.
Watch the full conference video here:
From addressing the recent trend of isolationist global policy to pragmatic practices for expanding your business internationally, the Global M&A Summit – Silicon Valley brought together experts from over ten countries for a candid discussion on trends, best practices, and considerations for executives looking to acquire and successfully manage business abroad. The evening event included two panels focusing on international transactions and post merger integration. Panels were followed by a networking session with participants to further discuss specific country challenges and benefits.
|Panel Host: Scott Whitaker|
Panel 1: International Transaction Considerations
Panel 1 will address emerging global issues in M&A, global finance, legal considerations, due diligence, and post-close planning. Panelists include:
- Sherman Chu – Sherman Chu is a Partner at DLA Piper and focuses his practice on China and US based (including cross-border) technology transactions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, complex intellectual property and commercial agreements, and open source. He advises Chinese and US companies on effective structuring and operationalizing of transactions to gain approval on regulatory requirements such as CFIUS, export control and anti-corruption.
- Gilles Ourvoie – Gilles started the Integration Practice of EY France in 2004 and is co-author of the “White book on M&A transactions” edited by the French CPA Association (L’Académie).
- Christophe Van Gampelaere – Christophe is a Belgian based finance and cultural change expert focused on cross-border transactions, including leading the transitional service agreement efforts during the Daimler/Chrysler carve-out.
Panel 2: Post Deal Success – Executing Cross-Border Business
Panel 2 will address transition to integration teams during a merger or acquisition close, discuss common technology challenges, and implications of cross-border best practices to realize full deal value. Panelists include:
- Jonathan Bunce – Jonathan is Senior Director, M&A Integration, at Intel Corporation and previously held independent training roles including acting content contributor / educator providing M&A integration expertise to Accenture.
- Andrew Scola – Based in London, Andrew has previously led the $2.75 bn separation of Skype from eBay and GeoExpansion of Apple into Turkey.
- Masaki Yamamoto-Based in Tokyo, Masaki has 24 Years experience of consulting in the area of corporate strategy, R&D management, new business strategy, organization design, business process design, project management and human resource development working at companies such as Cap Gemini Ernst & Young.
- Michael Holm – In his former roles in Sweden, Michael has led Strategy, M&A and Post Merger Integration at Ericsson, including leading the carve-out and co-leading the integration that formed the ST-Ericsson.
Networking & Independent Discussion
Following the two panels the event featured independent networking discussions with international representatives in attendance that include: China – Israel – Germany – France – Belgium – Japan – United Kingdom – Sweden – Italy – The Netherlands – the United States. All panelist will participate in after-panel discussions. Additional participants will include: Sergio Bruno – Italy; Stefan Hofmeyer – United States.
About DLA Piper
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 30 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, positioned to help companies with their legal needs anywhere in the world. DLA Piper has acted on more M&A transactions since 2005 to date than any other law firm.
About Global PMI Partners
Global PMI Partners is a management consultancy with a presence in more than 13 countries focused on post-merger integration and separation. With combined experience on over 230 M&A projects globally, Global PMI Partners provides tailored consulting services, training, and leading practices development for merger, acquisition, and transition events.
About Pepperdine University’s Graziadio Alumni Network
Graziadio Alumni Network Council of Northern California (GAN-NorCal) builds and enhances strong networks by providing useful information and resources, integrating social and business values while cultivating community, advancing Pepperdine University’s reputation, serving alumni, students, and the local business community through network excellence. With the largest MBA alumni network on the west coast, the Graziadio School boasts more than 38,000 graduates across the globe, actively shaping today’s world of business.
Driving intelligent M&A, Midaxo’s cloud platform helps M&A professionals control deals from identification and evaluation through transaction and integration. With Midaxo, all M&A stakeholders – from buyers to sellers to accountants – have a shared place and tools to do their work, with all cases, documents, communication, projects, plans, issues, and up-to-date analytics. Midaxo helps M&A professionals avoid risks, do better deals, and capture synergies quicker! Midaxo is proud to support leading companies globally.