Joined Global PMI Partners: 2015
Robert has over 30 years of professional M&A experience in the US, EU and Asia. As a board director and CEO for many Chinese companies, he developed broad international and cultural understandings. Robert is a prominent speaker at M&A summits, has co-authored Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions (Wiley Finance, 2015) and continues to be an expert in business strategy for Fortune 500 multinational companies. His M&A expertise includes: growth strategy, M&A deal management, post-merger integration (PMI), carve-out execution, corporate M&A process & PMI playbook development, integration management office (IMO), joint venture setup & management, internal communications and M&A trainings.
- Sector experience includes media and technology, telecommunications, software, mobile internet, manufacturing, education, publication, Pharmaceutical & life sciences, and professional services, etc.
- Led cross-border M&A and post-merger integration programs for Motorola in technology and telecommunications sectors such as Wireless Broadband & Dahua Digital acquisitions and PMI
- Integrated acquired business operations with business centers in multiple countries across Asia, Europe, and the Americas for Pearson, plc
- Managed a mobile internet platform joint venture between Nokia & Pearson from pre-deal to Day 1.
- Led the business restructuring for Dell Institute.
- Managed an ERP cut-over for a carve-out from NXP semiconductors and led a supply chain process improvement for a global logistics center in HK
- Advised on a cross-border M&A PMI for an automotive supplier between China and Germany
Post MBA program, Beijing University
Executive MBA, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
MS in Traffic/Computer Simulation Engineering, University of Minnesota
BS in Civil Engineering, Beijing Jiaotong University