Global PMI Partners 2018 Year in Review
By Global PMI Partners
With 2018 nearly behind us, Global PMI Partners would like to share highlights from this year’s engagement activity, exciting developments regarding the growth of our firm, and our positioning as the post-merger integration (PMI) specialists for companies acquiring both domestically and abroad.
This year our global team of leading post-merger integration experts have helped dozens of companies from around the world bring their operational, technical and cultural differences into alignment. We are truly blessed to have worked with amazing growth-oriented companies, partnering with their internal corporate development and integration teams.
In 2018, Global PMI Partners:
- Managed over 40 transactions with an aggregate value of €5.6 Bn ($6.3 Bn)
- Conducted mergers, acquisitions and carve-outs from the following industries and sectors: Private Equity, Software, Banking, Electronic Equipment, Insurance, Telecommunication Services, Shipping & Logistics, Construction Materials, Financial Services, Consumer Goods, Household, and Paper Products, Household Durables, Textiles, Mobile Gaming and Online Gambling, Water Utilities, Electric Utilities, Hotels, Transportation, Healthcare Services, Commercial Engineering & Biotech, Floor Covering, Software Services
- Navigated M&A all over the world including: US, UK, Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, Finland, France, Germany, India, Israel, Italy, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, and Sweden
- Our advisory impacted over 20,000 employees at our clients
- Planned the realization of synergies totaling over €232 M ($264 M)
- Trained over 200 people
- Deployed over 3 dozen Global PMI Partners personnel to service our client engagements globally
Key Insights & Trends from 2018:
- Our clients desire speed and efficiency when it comes to post-merger integration. They want to complete PMI properly, preserve value, and drive efficiency and momentum to realize synergies
- Private equity teams are embracing the process of integration planning & execution to a higher level, and are expecting their portfolio company management teams to become more effective in this area
- Corporate acquirers are building more robust internal competencies to support their M&A efforts
- Simplicity and clarity in PMI execution is driving success over more complicated PMI tools and methodologies
Our clients know that the long-term implications of a deal matter most and that Global PMI Partners always delivers focus, value and enduring success in this area.
In addition to scaling our client support this year, we have also received accolades focused on our growth as a preeminent PMI services firm. Specific results include:
- Winning the 2018 Post M&A Advisor of the year award from Acquisition International
- Launching a new website, with expanded resources and simpler navigation
- Expanding our infrastructure to focus on external engagement and internal operations and finance capabilities to support our growth as an international professional service firm
- Following our global English language book release of Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions by Wiley publishers, publishing our book in Chinese language now available in the Chinese market. Providing PMI best practices and training to nearly a dozen worldwide M&A events
From Global PMI Partners to you – have a wonderful holiday season and a prosperous 2019!